TRD 2000GT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Refurbishing Our TRD Alumi K wheels,Pictures

3 posters

Go down

Refurbishing Our TRD Alumi K wheels,Pictures  Empty Refurbishing Our TRD Alumi K wheels,Pictures

Post  Stu Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:19 am

A few pics of our Progress:

before:

Refurbishing Our TRD Alumi K wheels,Pictures  Trd2000gtNo21q

after:

Refurbishing Our TRD Alumi K wheels,Pictures  DSC02099

Refurbishing Our TRD Alumi K wheels,Pictures  DSC02120

Stu

Back to top Go down

Refurbishing Our TRD Alumi K wheels,Pictures  Empty Re: Refurbishing Our TRD Alumi K wheels,Pictures

Post  Admin Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:18 am

Did you do it yourself or have it done by a refurber? Just wondering who/hom much it cost to do...

Admin
Admin

https://trd2000gt.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Refurbishing Our TRD Alumi K wheels,Pictures  Empty Re: Refurbishing Our TRD Alumi K wheels,Pictures

Post  Stu Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:52 am

We actually stripped the wheels down our selves and considered spraying inners and polishing outers.but the lacquer had gone streaky (as can be seen in the first picture) and this was proving really hard to remove so thought it best to let the experts do it,so we took the outers to a local well known wheel re-furbisher in Wolverhampton and they charged around £50each outer rim(it was over a year ago so can't remember exact amounts).

Again the inners needed to be sand blasted as we where finding it hard to remove all the paint evenly,so we left it to the pro's to do and took them down to Lap-tab in Birmingham they did the inners and rears together for around £40-45each

So we didn't get much change from £400

worth also remembering it takes quite a while to strip down the wheels and rebuild them.we also had to clean every bolt head by hand with a soft wire brush

Always worth rembering if your buying a car with ropey split rim wheels (or buying some old split rim's) there not cheap to re furbish.

That said my daily driver has Ronel 2 piece rim's .When I 1st purchased them they where not in the best condition.I used satin black from a £4.99 rattle can (then found out they where quite expensive wheels lol! ) they don't look bad at all and have been on the car for over 2 years,the outers are also painted black but this is great as they do not need polishing all the while,so i suppose wheels can be done cheep it depends on what finish you want.

Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:26 am

Sounds similar to waht I did with a set of work equips - stripped them down myself then had centres and rears repainted for £200. Studs were striped and rechromed for £40 then polished the outer rims myself and then reassembled.

Did you get your outer rims re-lacquered or just left in natural state?

As I bought them

Refurbishing Our TRD Alumi K wheels,Pictures  WorkEquip3

Being broken down

Refurbishing Our TRD Alumi K wheels,Pictures  ExhaustComparison233

Outer rims after polish

Refurbishing Our TRD Alumi K wheels,Pictures  WheelPolish2

Getting ready for re-assembly

Refurbishing Our TRD Alumi K wheels,Pictures  Blackpooltravelodge030

All back together! :-)

Refurbishing Our TRD Alumi K wheels,Pictures  WorkEquipWheelsRebuild038

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ayresyboy Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:45 pm

Refurbishing Our TRD Alumi K wheels,Pictures  DSC00042

Refurbishing Our TRD Alumi K wheels,Pictures  Alumik2

Refurbishing Our TRD Alumi K wheels,Pictures  Alumik1

Professionally done by Alloy Art in Essex. Still not put them on TRD1 yet :-( Sometime this Summer I hope
ayresyboy
ayresyboy

http://www.kentcarclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:48 pm

hurry up and put them on!!!!! oh, and get some pics up too lol

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down