TRD 2000GT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GeWalt evolution

3 posters

Go down

GeWalt evolution  Empty GeWalt evolution

Post  Stu Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:30 am

GeWalt evolution  5815_112947032556_515617556_2182405_3927001_n

These where fitted to No.8 but it came with these and a set of Rota's on the car so we re-furbished the Ge-walts and put them on No.21

The diameter of the bolts holding the wheels together where a lot smaller than the original TRD wheels,the hole build of the wheel in fact appears more dainty,i haven't weighed them but I'd say there a lot lighter than the Toyota wheels.

Regrettably I didn't use a very good company to powder coat the centres and they have gone a strange shade of grey,so there coming back off the car over winter and I'm having the centres powder coated again by someone else (probably laptap Birmingham as they did the Alumi-k's centres really well)

Only thing is I can't decide upon what colour to have,anyone have any ideas? was thinking either black or keep them silver

Last edited by Stu on Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Stu

Back to top Go down

GeWalt evolution  Empty Re: GeWalt evolution

Post  daz Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:28 am

Hi Stu

Well mate, if you're gonna do the whole wheel I'd have a look at black, but that's just my opinion; to really set it off a few little black details around the car would help - Silvers look cool as they are afro

For my project I've ordered Volks GTS in Titanium/Gunmetal, which is pretty dark, but not black. I've detailed the exterior with a black Gen III rear centre panel and some black/opaque indicator units. Waiting for black Wilwood big brakes to arrive from USA too, and probably want some black meshing in the air intakes etc you get the idea Wink

So what size and poffsets are your wheels there mate??

Cheers
Daz

daz

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:27 am

Daz,

Sorry I don't have any info on the wheel offset as the wheels came on the car.(might measure them up when I refurnish them) but I'll have a look what size they are and post it up (as I can't remember right now)

Your wheels and brakes sound like there going to be very nice Cool you'll have to get some pics up!,yeah you got me thinking about a dark metalic now Smile although I was thinking a pale gold /champaign and black the bolts.

Stu.

Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:21 am

Also forgot,I'm after some genuine G-Walt center caps for these wheels,so if anyone ever comes acrosss a set i'd love to know,Cheers Wink

Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:42 am

Can you post a pic of the center caps just so we know what we should be looking for :-)

Admin
Admin

https://trd2000gt.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:10 am

Admin wrote:Can you post a pic of the center caps just so we know what we should be looking for :-)

GeWalt evolution  A_1301_031

Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:09 am

Do they screw in or are they are a push fit? If so what size hole do they go into? Is it 52mm?

Admin
Admin

https://trd2000gt.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum