TRD 2000GT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRD Kit No. 10 (Lexus Pearl Grey)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TRD Kit No. 10 (Lexus Pearl Grey) Empty TRD Kit No. 10 (Lexus Pearl Grey)

Post  Solrac28 Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Well I am the new owner of one of the ten original genuine TRD Widebody kit brought to the U.S. I don't know yet what the kit number is. When I do, I will post. Regardless I think mine is going to be the last of the original kits finished. Car has never been finished. It has been sitting in primer in a dismantled condition in storage for many years. Imagine buying a car but they deliver it to you in pieces packed away in boxes. Well that is what I got. I purchased the car 13 years to the date (1991 Turbo Chassis TRD WB purchased on 3/29/2010 vs. 1991 MR2 Turbo in White purchased on 3/29/1997) that I bought my first MR2 Turbo which I still have and is highly modified with its original 3SGTE power plant built up as a 2.2L Stroker back when hardly anyone knew what that was with a Motec M48 running the show. The individual I purchased the TRD WB car from is Austin Tracy whom used to be part of Performance Art Motorsports.

For the TRD Widebody I have planned and am currently working on the engine program. I am doing developement on the 3.5L V6 2GRFE. My version will have increased displacement and twin turbos to make things interesting, all controlled by a Motec M800. Although still early in the developement process we have figured out how to do things with this engine that Toyota claimed could not be done. More will be posted on that at a later date when I have solid facts and proof of claims to show everyone. Ones I have the engine program completed I will start my completion/restoration of the WB with the intentions of producing one of the finest examples of what this car would have been if Toyota/Lexus would have developed a version of this incredible car.

Frankly my experience with the V6 has me thinking of selling of my built 3SGTE and building a second V6 for it in a milder trim so I can have the best of both worlds. An all out Killer machine and a more mellow yet still bad a$$ street machine. We'll have to see what the wife has to say about that when I break the news to her :-) Anyway I will post some pictures and more information as I go through this mammoth task of taking this shell of a car and making it into what Toyota/Lexus would have done if they would of stuck with the platform.

Last edited by Solrac28 on Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Solrac28

Back to top Go down

TRD Kit No. 10 (Lexus Pearl Grey) Empty Re: TRD Kit No. 10 (Lexus Pearl Grey)

Post  drew 007 Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:28 pm

Congratulations buddy, best of look in you quest Very Happy

drew 007

Back to top Go down

Post  Solrac28 Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:42 pm

drew 007 wrote:Congratulations buddy, best of look in you quest Very Happy

Thanks Drew. So far the engine block will be ready next weeks and then it goes off to the head gasket people. The mains caps go to get reproduced in billet and hopefully I will get the quote on the head work so we can get that going. I just have to decide on a stroke. Decisions, decisions.......

Solrac28

Back to top Go down

Post  drew 007 Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:49 pm

Its a hard life lol! fair play dude i really do wish you all the very best, and just congratulations on owning a piece of history, and not only that your going to be making it unique and your own Cool i just cant Waite to find a good fitting kit so i can hopefully follow on..... Smile
And please hurry with the pics.... Very Happy

drew 007

Back to top Go down

Post  Solrac28 Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:08 pm

Car is in ugly primer and looks like a$$. I know a diamond in the rough and all but Let me get it on the rotissery and start work on the chassis and I will post progress pics. Engine coming along nicely. Once parts are all proven I will make available to the public. First motor to be develop is the 2GRFE, but I think I may eventually broaden developement on a few other popular engines. I have already had 13 years development expirerience with the 3SGTE. I might make those parts available too. Not sure.

Solrac28

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:33 am

c'mon post up for pics even it its just of the parts! :-)

Admin
Admin

https://trd2000gt.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Solrac28 Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:34 pm

Well there is the primer monster waiting some love.
TRD Kit No. 10 (Lexus Pearl Grey) 1012
Here is the beginning of the loving. The low mileage engine I scored for it.
TRD Kit No. 10 (Lexus Pearl Grey) Odomet11
TRD Kit No. 10 (Lexus Pearl Grey) Img_6411
Cylinder walls after teardown still show the factory crosshatch. Not even broken in yet!
TRD Kit No. 10 (Lexus Pearl Grey) Img_0510
Well that a start. I show you guys more when further along.

Last edited by Solrac28 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Solrac28

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:47 pm

nice pics - looking forward to seeing this progress :-)

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Solrac28 Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:26 pm

As you can see I have a long way to go. I am actively parting out my built 2.2L Stroker 3SGTE if anyone is interested check http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?p=4542289#post4542289

It would help speed up the progress. Smile Admin I hope you don't mind the link.

Solrac28

Back to top Go down

Post  Solrac28 Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:24 am

Admin how is it you guys are coming up with the number of the kit as for the USA kits? I talked to Austin and he says they were never numbered. They came with the carbon Fiber TRD2000GT badge, the install instructions in Japanese, and the kit. Anyway, his kit, or I should say my kit, was the last one sold in the country according to Austin Tracy. So would that make mine #10? If so, is there a way to change the thread name to indicate like all the other reads? "TRD Kit No. 10 (Lexus Pearl Grey)"

Solrac28

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:44 am

Solrac28 wrote:Admin how is it you guys are coming up with the number of the kit as for the USA kits? I talked to Austin and he says they were never numbered. They came with the carbon Fiber TRD2000GT badge, the install instructions in Japanese, and the kit. Anyway, his kit, or I should say my kit, was the last one sold in the country according to Austin Tracy. So would that make mine #10? If so, is there a way to change the thread name to indicate like all the other reads? "TRD Kit No. 10 (Lexus Pearl Grey)"

Your quite right they wernt "numbered" like the Japanese kits with an extra vin plate - its just to try and help determine who got which kits. The "No. 1" is an assumption really as it was the demonstrator, however, the No 1 and 2 is based upon the comments of the owner - see beginning of thread for "No. 2"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Solrac28 Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:12 pm

Thanks Admin. I will post some more pics when I get it down here (FL). Ships out on Monday finally. cheers

Solrac28

Back to top Go down

Post  Solrac28 Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:29 pm

Well as promised here are some pictures to wet the mouth even more.
TRD Kit No. 10 (Lexus Pearl Grey) IMG_0829
Boy I have a lot of work ahead of me. Just hurts to think of this poor car baking in the AZ sun for all those years.
TRD Kit No. 10 (Lexus Pearl Grey) IMG_0828
TRD Kit No. 10 (Lexus Pearl Grey) IMG_0827
TRD Kit No. 10 (Lexus Pearl Grey) IMG_0826
TRD Kit No. 10 (Lexus Pearl Grey) IMG_0822
I dislike the previous owner for doing this.....argh!!!! I will fix. Don't worry
TRD Kit No. 10 (Lexus Pearl Grey) IMG_0821
Wait until the end of the week when I cram a third 2 in the garage. It's a 93T. Plan is to use as parts car for the wreak I call a TRD2000GT. Other option is to surgically remove the TRD kit off of 91T chassis (89000 miles but needs everything worked) that it is on and apply to the 93T chassis (122000 miles). I will post more pics with the three MR2 Turbos in the garage when it gets here on Friday. The 2GRFE pictured is motor #2 going in the white car. I am build in process of building engine #1 into a crazy configuration for TRD2000GT. HP number will be crazy and it will have traction control.
TRD Kit No. 10 (Lexus Pearl Grey) Engine5_087
Out with the old. Its for sale people!!! PM me.
TRD Kit No. 10 (Lexus Pearl Grey) IMG_0820
In with the new but with twin turbos on this one as well.... after all the badge on the trunk does say Turbo.

Solrac28

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:35 pm

Nice garage! wish mine was that clean LOL

Can upu get some close up pics of the rear wing adjustment plates? cheers! :-)

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Solrac28 Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:17 am

The cover plates are not installed. I have the cover plates in a box with the TRD2000GT Carbon Fiber badge. I can get pictures up for you of those if that is what you want. Or do you mean the adjustment underneath the cover on the wing itself?

Just wait until I post pics later this week with 3 MR2 Turbo's stuffed in that two car garage.... I have been scheming how I am going to pull off. The '93 turbo parts car should be down from NY Friday or Saturday.

Solrac28

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:28 am

Both! Need info for this thread rather than using the Celica one at present. If you can measure the square adjuster plates, size and location of hole etc so replicas can be made that would be great too!

https://trd2000gt.forumotion.com/t100-rear-wing-adjustability

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  drew 007 Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:35 am

Coming along really nicely buddy. Twisted Evil

drew 007

Back to top Go down

Post  Solrac28 Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:16 am

Well its been a while for an update so here it is. I have acquaired a 93T MR2 Turbo to serve as the parts car for the build of the TRD2000GT. With some creative placement I have managed to shoe horn all three Twos in the garage and all I can say about this is thank God for chassis carts and TireSkates. I have stripped most of the TRD2000GT of most everything. All suspension, gas tank ridgid lines going front to back have all been removed. All that is left is some work under the bonnet and the steering rack. The car currently sits on a chassis car that will make work alot easier for my body and paint guy. Now if only to sell my stroker 2.2L 3SGTE it would propel the project forward a lot easier as you guys know or can imagine none of this work comes cheap especially if you are as picky as me. Once the remaining bits are stripped off the chassis it will be degreased from top to bottom, inside and out. and then the serious body work will truly begin. I will try to get some pictures of the three twos sardined in my two car garage and some more when I do the degreasing work as that will be in the drive way and I should be able to capture more of the car.

On a side note I will measure the wing adjustment plates for you admin. Sorry it has taken me so long. Best Regards all.

Solrac28

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:30 am

Thanks for the update - put some pics up of the skates etc if you can

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:24 am

we want pics, we want pics!..... :-)

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Solrac28 Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:32 pm

Admin wrote:Thanks for the update - put some pics up of the skates etc if you can

there are TireSkates. Got them from http://www.accessiblesystems.com/index.php really nice quality.
TRD Kit No. 10 (Lexus Pearl Grey) IMG_0959

Solrac28

Back to top Go down

Post  Solrac28 Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:35 pm

Admin wrote:Both! Need info for this thread rather than using the Celica one at present. If you can measure the square adjuster plates, size and location of hole etc so replicas can be made that would be great too!

https://trd2000gt.forumotion.com/t100-rear-wing-adjustability

Here is a picture of the wing adjustment squares.
TRD Kit No. 10 (Lexus Pearl Grey) IMG_0957-1

Will edit with dimensions once I get them off...... Argh.....I hate over spray..... why would you primer over them?... Its all stainless. They will be striped.

Solrac28

Back to top Go down

Post  Solrac28 Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:55 pm

More Pictures as requested. Teal one is 93T parts car to rebuild the TRD Car once the paint work is done. I may be changing color choice again. I will let that be a surprice for when it is done and Admin I will request you update the title once again. As of late I have been working on the white car as you can see motor and transmission are ready to go. I have a V6 chrome moly flywheel solution that I hope to market in a bit once my website is ready. As you can see I am getting the car going at first as an NA to make sure everything works properly..... those that follow the 2GRFE V6 forums might recognize the exhaust as Gouky's prototype. Once it has served its purpose I will probably be selling it off but need it to do other development things first.

Three MR2's tucked into a two car garage.
TRD Kit No. 10 (Lexus Pearl Grey) IMG_0958

Brand new E153 with KAAZ LSD that I got with the TRD car. Previous owner messed it up when he put in the LSD. I just fixed it last week and now is at the ready.
TRD Kit No. 10 (Lexus Pearl Grey) IMG_0962

Engine with headers and axle assembly
TRD Kit No. 10 (Lexus Pearl Grey) IMG_0961

Just a bit more to strip off the front end of the TRD car and it will be ready for me to start fixing the things I dont like and redoing the bottom and inside cabin areas. I will be using spray on sound and heat barriers. They are amazing... only weigh like 3 or 4 oz per square foot. Also will be injecting Structural foam like what is used in boats in the voids inside the chassis. The should add rigidity and further sound damping and in general make the car feel really solid. Note the nice chassis cart I purchased from the same people that make the TireSkates. Adjustable upward from 27" to 37" of the ground.
TRD Kit No. 10 (Lexus Pearl Grey) IMG_0960

Solrac28

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:28 am

Thanks for those! :-)

Your garage is a lot, lot more organised than mine - and a lot cleaner too! LOL

I'm watching this with keen interest - keep us posted

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  drew 007 Fri May 27, 2011 4:10 pm

Any news buddy? Laughing

drew 007

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum